Call for Abstracts Updated: July 11, 2018
Abstract Submission Deadline: 23:59 August 15, 2018 (GMT+8)
Notification of Acceptance: September 10, 2018 (GMT+8)
Announcement of Agenda and Number of Presenting Authors: September 22, 2018 (GMT+8)
Registration is mandatory for the presenting author. Please do not submit an abstract if you are not prepared to travel to the conference. The complete payment for the presenting authors is required before September 22, 2018 to ensure the rights for the presentation.
Abstract Themes and Topics
06. Small Bowel
Abstract must be submitted only in English.
- The maximum length is 30 words. (Initial letters have to be capitalized.)
- An abstract must have a short specific title (containing no abbreviations) that indicates the nature of the investigation.
- The title should not include the author’s name.
Abstract authors are comprised of two different types:
- Presenting Author: the author who submits the abstract and to whom all correspondence from the TSS Asian Regional Meeting 2018 will be sent and is listed as the First Author.
- Co-Author(s)all additional authors contributing to the abstract.
Author names in multiple abstracts need to be consistent so that the correct information appears in the index and websites of all conference publication. For instance, Larry Audrey belongs to the author string of two abstracts; Larry Audrey must appear as Larry Audrey on both abstracts, not as Larry Audrey on one and L. Audrey on the other.
- The maximum length is 3000 characters including spaces.
- An abstract may include 1 table, 1 figure, or 1 graph, which will count as 100 words, leaving a maximum allowance of 400 words.
- Provide images in JPG, GIF, PNG, or TIF format to maximum file size of 1MB per image.
- Standard abbreviations may be used without definition. Nonstandard abbreviations (kept to a minimum) must be placed in parentheses after the first use of the word or phrase abbreviated.
- Do not include reference, credits, grant support, names or personal information of any patient participating in the study or trial in your abstract body.
Please note that because of the text box system, you must either manually type the text or cut and paste from another document.
All abstracts should be formatted into the following four sections:
Introduction: clarifies the motivation for the research presented.
Methods: provides sufficient detail for others to reproduce what is studied in the research project.
Results: presents and discusses the results.
Conclusion: presents the outcome of the work by interpreting the findings and by relating these findings to the motivation stated in the Introduction. Explain the significance of your findings / outcomes and future implications of the results.
Summary of the Submission
- To correct a submitted abstract, the presenting author can log-in to the online submission system and change the abstract before the submission deadline.
- The presenting author of acceptance/rejection will be notified via e-mail.
- Each registrant can present or represent up to 2 accepted abstracts.
Copyright & Legal Obligation
- All information in the abstract submission, including author’s name, affiliations, authors’ order of listing, and the content of abstract will be used in the congress publications.
- The registrant carries legal obligations of the abstract; any violation to a third party’s right will be the sole responsibility of the registrant him/herself.
- TSS Asian Regional Meeting 2018 has the copyright to use the abstract in the conference for scientific purposes without any prior notice to the authors.
Please email Conference Secretariat for inquiries or assistance.
TSS Asian Regional Meeting 2018 Secretariat
Ms. Lynn Lai